Glomm Logistics GmbH - Logo
Tradition

Tradition in step with modernity.

Glomm Spedition GmbH was founded by Ernst Glomm in Hamburg in 1949. The company had a fleet of one truck when it received its first freight order. Glomm Spedition consistently expands its services, evolving a flexible approach to meet market needs. 70 years later, Glomm Logistics is today a modern shipping company and a constant in the shipping industry.

Tradition
1949

Ernst Glomm Spedition founded in Hamburg.
First truck purchased.

1949
1949
1960

Specializes in freight shipping of agricultural products, seed and feed.

1960
1965

Expansion into warehousing and merchandise handling logistics.

1965
1970

Development of European seed shipping.

1970
1980

Strong growth in bulk goods.

1980
1991

Harald Liebert, a long-time associate of Ernst Glomm since the 1950s, takes the reins of the company and continues to steer its successful trajectory.

1991
1993

Harald Liebert brings his son Kai Liebert on board. The MBA-graduate had previously worked for many years at renowned shipping companies in the U.S. Kai Liebert is appointed company CEO in the late 1990s. 

2006

In November 2006, the company headquarters are moved from Hamburg to Norderstedt. The move brings with it more warehouse capacity, allowing the company to expand its range of services. The focus is on continual modernizing facilities and expanding warehouse space.

2006
2017

The company again expands its warehouse capacity with the construction of a new warehouse facility in Neu Wulmstorf. The warehouse complies with the latest standards and regulations for the storage of water-polluting and chemical substances.

2017